William Stewart Travel Awards
Established in 2002, the William Stewart Travel Awards provide grants of up to $500 to first, second, third or fouth year tenure-track assistant professors at CUNY for presenting, chairing or moderating at a scholarly conference from July 1, 2014 to April 1, 2015.
Previous award recipients may apply but may get lower award priority. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and early applications get special consideration.
At this point we have expended the funds set aside for this program. If you wish to be considered for an award in the event that we receive more funds, please email a simple message to that effect to email@example.com.
We may not be able to fund all submitted expenses. Payment of the awards will be done by a new procedure, necessitated by CUNYFirst , done through college business offices.
1. Applicants apply for the award either before or after they travel to the conference.
2. Applicants receive approval for the award from the CUNY Academy on a rolling basis for conferences that take place between July 1, 2014 and April 15, 2015.
3. Awardees provide the Academy with documentary evidence that they have presented, chaired or moderated at a scholarly conference from July 1, 2014 to April 1, 2015 by providing a copy of the conference program with the awardee’s name listed in his/her session.
4. Awardees contact their college business office in order to remind that office about the impending transfer of funds under point 5, below.
5. On or about April 30, 2015, but not earlier than April 1, the CUNY Academy arranges for the transfer of award funds to the college business offices.
6. After the transfer described in point 4, awardees take a completed NYS travel voucher to their college business office in order to receive reimbursement for their conference expenses. Awardees must submit original receipts for registration, transportation, and lodging related to the conference; there is no per diem, and food is not included. Not all expenses can be covered.
The Award is valid only for the conference stated in the application.
The application form can be seen at
Professors Nora Glickman (GC & Queens College) and Stefan Baumrin (GC & Lehman) serve as the Awards Committee.
CUNY Academy for the Humanities and Sciences
Graduate Center of the City University of New York
365 Fifth Avenue at 34th Street, Suite 3301 * New York, NY 10016-4398
Tel: 212.817.7944 * Fax: 212.817.1595 * firstname.lastname@example.org